Creating regular content and inviting readers to further engage with your content and brand is important for many reasons. As you grow your business, building a robust list of email subscribers with help get your content, products, and services in front of more people.
If you don’t include an opt-in for your email list with each of your blog posts, you may be
missing out on a wealth of new email subscribers. Having an extra piece of content related to the topic of the blog post is a great way to provide value to your audience, and encourage readers to further engage with your content. This creates a win-win scenario – your readers get valuable content, and you build your email list.
Key Elements of an Email Opt-In
Creating free content for new email subscribers is the main piece to growing your email list through your blog posts. When creating this content, keep in mind the main goal of opt-in content: to provide value to the reader of your article. You want the content to build on the topic the article was about so the reader wants to learn more by signing up for the free content.
Opt-In Content Ideas
You have a lot of options when it comes to creating content for your email list opt-in content. A great place to start is with content you already have. Repurposing existing content allows you to maximize your time and energy, while give new subscribers content in a format that resonates with them.
Need some content ideas? Here are a few to help get your creative juices flowing
- An e-book – An e-book can be any length. Consider which topics to make longer content about so that you use your time and resources wisely. You may be able to create a longer e-book about a topic that will resonate with a large portion of your audience. Shorter e-books can be for more niche elements of your audience.
- A worksheet – This is a great content form for articles that have specific actions the readers can take. Help you readers take action on your content with a worksheet designed to support them in their action-taking.
- A short email or video challenge – Creating an email or video based challenge for
subscribers is a great way to keep them engaged with your content over a longer period of time. You have a lot of flexibility in the amount of content you create for this idea.
How to Add an Email Opt-In to Your Blog Posts
Once you have created your content, it is time to add it to your blog posts in a way that allows readers to sign up for your email list. Adding your opt-in to your blog post involves a few steps:
- Create a banner graphic that includes a screen shot of the free content, the title, and a call to action to download the content.
- Add the banner graphic to your blog post and link the image to a subscription form from your email marketing platform.
- Set up the subscription form to send new subscribers an email with the download link to the free piece of content.
Take some time to think through the promotion of your opt-in on your blog posts. Be sure the banner graphic is compelling to the reader. Consider if you want to send multiple emails to the new subscriber after the initial email they will get with the free content download.
There are many ways to expand your email list, and adding an opt-in form with a free piece of content to your blog posts is a great place to start.
Are looking to level up your website? Get in touch with me and let me know how my team can help you create web pages that sell!